I created, named and tested this juice on my family. Given the name as it will truly gives you a 'zing', a 'pick-me-up' for any time of day. Traditionally we tend to drink home-made juices and smoothies for breakfast, yet they are also a great on the go or 'takeaway' snack for the busy mum. Once you've made this or any of my other juices or others you make, pour it into a water bottle and take it out with you.
- 50 g (a handful) spinach
- 1 small celery stick - chopped
- 1 green apple - cored and chopped into quarters
- 1 palm hand size bunch of green grapes
- 1 orange (peeled)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp of grated fresh fruit ginger
- 1/2 banana (optional)
- 8 ice cubes
- 1 cup of water
90 calories per serving
How to make
Wash the spinach, celery stick, apple and grapes. Make sure you've cored and chopped the apple into quarters and chopped the celery stick. Remove any stalks from the grapes. Put the spinach into the blender first with the banana (if using) and the water and ice cubes. Add the other ingredients. Blitz in the blender until smooth. Add more water if necessary. Serve in a glass and feel the 'zing'
Why this juice is fit and healthy and great for Mums.
- Gives you energy (Iron rich with the spinach)
- Helps calm the nerves (Celery is good for reducing stress at tricky baby, toddler moments)
- Helps your skin glow (Green apple, lime and orange both contain lots of vitamin C)
- Soothes digestion and sickness (Ginger aids digestion)
- Dehyrates (Water is great for improving the skin's condition and reducing puffy eyes, help to reduce signs of sleepless nights with your baby or child)