With the weather hotting up, getting outdoors and socialising with friends and family makes having a BBQ a popular Summer pastime. BBQ food can delicious and by taking on board these top tips a great way to eat healthy and keep your body in great shape. Vicky Warr, founder at TheBeezKneez, presents 7 Top Tips for a Healthy BBQ.
- Make your own burgers using Lean Beef or Turkey Mince (leaner and less processed than shop bought burgers and sausages)
- Swap white rolls or baguettes for wholegrain rolls which contain far more fibre to make you feel fuller for longer and ward off sugar cravings (leading to eating more)
- Serve up a large green salad of avocados, rocket and mixed salad leaves or lettuce for nutrients.
- Make Vegetable kebabs with Red Pepper, Baby Onions or Shallots, Courgettes, Baby Tomatoes and add some Feta Cheese which is a healthier cheese and contains less saturated fat.
- Choose fish such as Sardines or Salmon Steaks. Both contain Omega 3 and 6, essential fats that are good for your skin, aid fat loss and are safe to eat during pregnancy.
- Marinade meats and fish in this healthy marinade of Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Lemon Juice, Garlic Cloves and Salt and Pepper.
- Sweet potato chips contain more fibre and nutrients than the usual white potatoes and are easy to do on the BBQ.