Boost your postnatal nutrition and pregnancy nutrition with this Avocado, Banana, Spinach and Orange Energising Smoothie.
Containing plenty of vitamins and nutrients to boost your brain, energy levels, alleviate muscle cramps and combat sugar cravings just what you need during pregnancy, after you've had your baby and beyond.
250ml of coconut water
1 orange, peeled and cut into chunks
How to make
- Take a blender and place the banana in first. Follow with the orange, avocado, water and spinach.
- Start the blender on low and blend for about 30 seconds. Stop and push down the ingredients with a spatula or spoon.
- Start the blender again and add a little more coconut water if it seems to thick or depending on how you like your smoothie. Blend until it is smooth.
Benefits in Brief
- Avocado is a 'brain booster' during pregnancy and after pregnancy due to the healthy fats and a wide range of vitamins it contains to help improve concentration, memory and mood. Plus fibre for a healthy digestive system and to balance blood sugar levels to ward off cravings.
- Spinach to help improve energy levels and beat anemia.
- Bananas contain nutrients and fibre to help moderate blood sugar levels after meals. They also provide potassium to help relieve muscular cramps which help during pregnancy. Eating more fibre from fruit and vegetables has repeatedly been linked with lower body weight and weight loss.