I'm sharing the LOOVEE Mamas! 😍 with my Chocolate and Avocado Mousse (+ hint of orange) Recipe to wooo your loved one, this #valentinesday #valentine. For the avocado sceptics, you can't taste it, yet it's a very welcome addition because of the essential good fats the humble avocado contains. Plus I use good quality dark chocolate and cacao so you are avoiding the sugar and fats which are in milk chocolate saving you and your significant other half's waistline! As this doesn't contain raw eggs, it's also great to eat during pregnancy and will definitely keep those cravings at bay!
1 ripe avocado, half and take out the stone and scoop out the flesh.
1 small ripe banana, peeled and chopped into chunks
1 heaped tablespoon of powdered cacao (unsweetened) or cocoa powder
(You can also use cocoa powder but raw cacao gives you heaps more nutrients)
1 tablespoon of maple syrup (or honey if you are not a vegan)
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
100g good quality dark chocolate (75% cocoa solids)
Pinch of sea salt
3/4 cup of almond milk or coconut milk
Juice from one orange OR 1 dessertspoon of orange juice, not from concentrate.
How to make
1. Melt the dark chocolate by breaking up the pieces and placing it in a bowl that fits over a pan which is quarter filled with boiling water. Place the pan on a moderate heat. Make sure the water is not touching the bottom of the bowl.
2. Next place the avocado, banana, cacao powder, maple syrup and coconut oil into a blender or food processor and blend until it is smooth. You may need to stop and push the mixture down with a spatula to ensure and blend again.
3. Add the melted dark chocolate, almond or coconut milk and orange juice and blend or process again.
4. Once the mixture is smooth, transfer to small bowls and then place in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
5. Remove from the freezer and place in the fridge to thaw before eating.
Add raspberries or strawberries as a topping or slices of orange.